Friday, July 30, 2004

RUG 2004 - It's Over

The hotel is empty and the conference rooms are all torn down. I'm writing this in the President's Sport's Bar at 8:10 PM; there are plenty of open tables, and only a few "rug2004" black polo shirts (with the bonus white & green ribbing on the sleeves).

This was only RUG #2 for me (the first was 1998), so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Others thought that his was one of the better ones, if not one of the top 2 or 3. Both San Francisco (1998) and Santa Clara (1999) were considered at the top. Ah, the Glory Days...

Attendance was high (around 1000 people, depending on who you believed), enthusiasm among both attendees and Remedy was very high, blatant marketing was kept in check, the party was offsite at the Washington, DC ESPNZone -- including a complete floor of video games, and most of the attendees seemed to have at least enough of a budget to, A) come here, and B) express optimism about the coming year.

Everyone I talked to seemed to have learned something, either technical, business, or personal. I know that I did.

See you next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home